My Pritty Liners Came!!! :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think everyone would look great on the Lavender, Shelagh. Not so sure about the Mango. There should have been a hammock with mango as the reverse, though, so you can always hold them up to that. :wink:

I love the sage, too, Jo. I keep meaning to snag a couple of extra yards to make liners for the girls.

Shelagh uses the elastic attachment for the shelves, and the pans have a good 3-4" of extra fabric to tuck over the sides/under the pan.

Can you do elastic attachments on the pans too? would that work? Right now, I'm doing the folding under and it's just not working out. :batbeat:

I don't know of a way to have the elastic for the pan liners. By the time the elastic was tight enough at the corners to hold, the fabric there would be really taut. Which the rats would most likely just chew through. Make sense?

I have been working on a slipcover style with velcro for a ferret owner.

jorats said:
Can you do elastic attachments on the pans too? would that work? Right now, I'm doing the folding under and it's just not working out. :batbeat:

Jo, the liners Kat makes are thick/heavy enough to hold under the pan. It pretty well thwarts the Rampaging Horde for a few days. :)

If you are using the fleece blankets for a buck, they are too light and not enough tuckable edge. BUT I got around that for the most part by using good quality male sided velcro in strips on the bottom edge of my pan. The fleece really holds to velcro :)

If/When she orders it, I definitely will. I almost wish I had an FN just so I could take my own sample pictures, heh!

In the new year, I'm going to put an order together. I want pretty coloured liners too.
Shelagh, do you remember the yellow fleece throw I sent you last Christmas? Those are what I use for my bottom pans. Not the best quality either. Are Kat's heavier still?

jorats said:
In the new year, I'm going to put an order together. I want pretty coloured liners too.
Shelagh, do you remember the yellow fleece throw I sent you last Christmas? Those are what I use for my bottom pans. Not the best quality either. Are Kat's heavier still?

I use the flannel liners, I find they are heavier and the Horde devour fleece :)

I know the fleece you sent Shelagh, Jo, and my fleece is thicker and denser than that. Shelagh's liners are made from high quality quilter's flannel. It's alot thicker and more heavy duty than your average flannel. All liners are made up of two layers of fabric, so they're extra durable against the munchkins.

Mmmkay here we go :)

Shelves first
sageshelf.jpg

the elastic at the back (sadly with no rat :()
backofshelfnorat.jpg

and at the front...with Vesta
elasticonfrontofshelf.jpg

And here she is showing off the tucked in liner in the corner
Vestashowsoffthecorner.jpg

The liner itself
sageliner.jpg

and how much you can tuck under
Amountoffabrictotuckunder.jpg

Now I am sorry, but I had a camera there were rats in front of me...guess what happened?

The blooper shots...
Vesta covering the elastic :roll:
elasticonbackofshelf.jpg

Not quite showing off the tucked corner
Vestashowsoffthecorner2.jpg

Lucine my micro-eyed beauty (there is sage liner in front of her ;))
Lucinemymicro-eyed.jpg

Adia looking like an old mare...lip drooping. :lol:
Adiaslikeanoldmar3e.jpg

Zuri with failing Kamali
ZuriandKamali.jpg

Aura's worried about her...the Mom instincts I guess
AurasworriedaboutKamali.jpg

Aura comfy in her snap-inn
Auracomfyinhersnapinn.jpg

and my best yawn pic evah and it had to be Ms Aura again :mrgreen:
Aurayawns.jpg

More questions... :oops:

How do you find they hold up with the peepee? How often do you find you need to change?
And where do you use the velcro? On the half shelves or the pan?

Do you mean the flannel, Jo? I think it's really great for the pee. The flannel really soaks it up, where the fleece lets it puddle for a bit. Most of my own liners are flannel, and they hold up great. I think Shelagh's on the same schedule I am, of every 3-4 days for cage changes.

Shelagh used the heavy duty male velcro when she was using the $1 fleece. She put it on the bottom of the pans, where the fleece folded down under.

It anchored it pretty good.

I thought back to when I was a small child dragging my blankie up the stairs, having to really pull it around the corners...more anchored for the destructive beasts :)

Oh, ok, so you only need to velcro the cheap fleece?

The flannel, no velcro and neither with the liner with the elastic?

So 3-4 days before changing the flannel... that's pretty good!

Yea, that's when Shelagh used the velcro, since it didn't tuck under enough to really hold. The fleece really held to the velcro, so it gave the cheap fleece a chance before the rats mauled it.

The shelf liners are held on by the elastic at the corners, and the pans are just tucked under. The fabric's heavy enough on the pans to keep them in place most of the time.

I don't think I could deal with my Monstrosity more often than every 3 days. When I see people cleaning daily I cringe a little. Same goes for Shelagh's back and her packed cleaning schedule. She needs stuff that'll last a while before getting too bad.

Back