My groups favorite toys

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatTheHippie

This is a reminder that ratty toys don't have to come from the small animal section. Think outside of the box, and you'll have a whole bunch of super satisfied ratties!

These are some of my groups favorite toys (As you can tell by the chewing, wear, and tear, haha!)

This is a bird's foraging toy. I love these things, as do my ratties. They're fun, safe to tear up, and add a nice pop of color to the cage! You can even find fun versions that can be opened up, and treats can be added inside, for your pets to figure out how to get into or rip apart. Incredibly stimulating for these smart little guys!

This is an older picture of one of the ones that can be opened, with treats added (And my lovely Dorian trying to break into it. Rest in Peace, my sweetie.)

This is a dog's tug-o-war toy, which I stuck a baby ring through and hung from the cage. My boys love climbing on it, as well as chewing on it.

This is also a dog toy, but a chew toy. Another one to chew on and climb all over

This is an assortment of kitty toys. Some have jingly balls in them, some are made from woven wood and feathers, which my boys really love, and some have cardboard around them, which is fun for them to chew apart to get to the jingly ball.

This is a baby toy! Saw it in walmart, it was 3 bucks and I knew they'd LOVE it!

And the cheapest, but their most FAVORITE toys of all. Cardboard box castles. I work in a grocery store, so boxes are easy to come by. You could either use some that you have laying around, or save them from your next package delivery, or shoe purchase, or ask your own local grocery store!

None of these were bought from the small pet aisles. Sometimes, you can find fun stuff there, but I always find my options are limited, so I love hunting all over to find my guys some awesome toys! What are your groups favorites?

I use bird and cat toys all the time. My girls love carrying around those little bell balls for cats. They also really love shredding unprinted newspaper.

love love love your cardboard castles! I gotta make something like that for my boys
usually I just cut some holes, and they are happy with that, but some ramps and stuff like you have made there, would be so much more fun

gotta take out some tape and scissors and see what i can come up with. thanks for sharing all your ideas =)

Back