My Father, The Carpenter *Now With 1st Pic*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still being built. It's going slower now because I work and my dad works. But he's finishing it up over this week, weekend, hopefully.

Not too much longer! He's finishing the doors today and we have to paint it again, and another panel (bottom front) and then ta da.
Hopefully it will be finished enough for pics tonight, and we can use it tomorrow.

I'm making the boys a new bedding set to commemorate "movin' on up". :p

:D I hope it works pretty well... He's gone off to go get hooks so I can hang their hammocks and toys when it's all done.

I plan on taking him out for dinner tonight, and I've already made him cookies and got him a CD he's been eyeing. I treat my daddy right. ;) Heh. He's so great! :heart:

Hey Cait - what about cutting the "windows" a little smaller than the cage panels and screwing the panels on from the inside to avoid access to the layers (that way they'll never get a chance to get into the layers?)

Cityratt said:
Hey Cait - what about cutting the "windows" a little smaller than the cage panels and screwing the panels on from the inside to avoid access to the layers (that way they'll never get a chance to get into the layers?)

I love when people are smarter than me. :D :D Awesome. That would just cut out all the hard stuff!

I just saw it, and the top doors are on. Now he's working on the bottom part. Then painting.

I think when the big boys move to their new cage, the girls will move into their old one, while the baby boys hang out in the girls' old cage until Phyllis's two go off to live with her and then Laura and Romy will go live with the big boys. Hopefully. It's weird to think they'll be five weeks Monday. 0.0

LMAO Yang!! I do love purple and lime green together, though. :p

It's been painted black. I know. Not exactly "cool" but it does make it look nicer than the white. And the inside is unpainted, it's white, of course. And the panels are black, except for the one on the ceiling and the one closest to the floor, those two are silver.

I just went out there and smelled (it's drying in the garage, too windy for it to sit outside) and I think we're good to use it tonight! Let it finish "airing out" outside now that the paint is dry, clean the inside again from all the sandings and dust, put it back together, haul it upstairs, decorate, and add the boys. :D

First official pic of it! It's one side is up on bricks to drain water. It still needs to be washed out inside again. BUT! At least it's a pic!

IMG_5360.jpg

LOL it does look a little strange. Like Frankenfreezer or something, LOL!!!

My dad IS pretty great. :D *stares at freezer* He's gooooooooooood.

:D I can't wait to set it up. We're waiting a few more hours before we move it upstairs. I have the space cleared and everything. The boys are going to be so happy!

Run into our first problem and it's that the levels tip (and completely fall down) when you go towards the back.

Izzie's fine, btw. *cough*

So we've got to fix that before they go in it.

Back