My current setup

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackTheRat

Right now I've got a SuperPet cage, it's home to my two rats Jack 'n Maxwell... Then I've also got a second, smaller cage, it's a bird cage, where my rat Radar is currently living. I'm hoping to figure out a way to connect the two together, but right now they are separate until I can ensure all the rats will get along.

Cage1.jpg

Cage2.jpg

Cage3.jpg

Cage4.jpg

CageB1.jpg

Any suggestions on how to connect the two? I saw a setup on here similar to what I have in mind, but...getting it to work is a whole 'nother story, lol.

In the future I plan on getting a different cage, I keep bouncing back and forth between the Martin's and FN.

Well, the super pet cage is big enough for the three rats. But if you want to connect the two cages just to give the ratties a bit more fun, then try using those super pet ferret tubes? But then, you'll have to cut into the cage.
Someone once connected cages just using that chicken wire stuff, instead of round it was squarish.

Hey!
I have the same cage as you! And i do have it connected to another cage.
You've got to get the ferret tunnels as well as the connectors. The connectors are white plastic pieces you attach to your cage that the tunnels snap into.
You will have to cut holes on both your cages - easy to do with wire cutters and then fasten the connectors to your cage. And then you attach your ferret tunnels and ta da!
IMG_7760.jpg

IMG_7759.jpg

If you cut holes in your cage, you can order doors from martins cages. That way you can make them stand-alone cages later if you want.

Back