My Cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

OK, I am going to post this here because it will get answered faster... Sorry.

On the other forum, Phyllis mentioned that I should get two more rats, not just one. But my cage when I calculate it says it should only fit 3 rats (that's with 2 cubic foot per rat). So that would bring me up to four.

What's your take on this. I am getting my photos sorted out on photo bucket and will have the pics of my cage up shortly.

Can you tell us the dimensions of the cage? What type of cage is it?
If you feel your ratties might be too cramped in your cage, then I would only get the one rat.
Many times, cages are at the root of most rattie behavious so you really don't want them too cramped.

Dimensions: 21 3/4 long by 16 inches deep, by 33 inches tall.

I think you are correct Melissa.

I believe LA has this one: http://www.coastcages.com/catalog/index ... 4a99c0a3b9

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The cage calculator does have it at 3 rats max. I remember reading that technically a longer cage with levels is better than a taller cage with levels... and this one is mostly tall.

LA- You COULD always get 2... and have a whole other cage :D

Edited to add: I think we were posting at the same time :D

Jo is right... have 2 more rats, 2 cages in all. I think I was trying to be cute and suggest that you give in to GGMR. But I think I was too tired to get my idea across. :lol:

That's ok, I was too tired to think properly.

Must resist the GGMR as much as I would love a second cage I can't. I don't have the room...

Oh well I am giving in to it a little by getting another rat.

Back