My cage dynamic is changing again

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Sparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow and Barbossa are happy together on the top part of the FN cage. I had Silas with Lupin on the bottom one and that was working too even if Silas was sometimes bossy to Lupin.

Now I end up with only Silas in the bottom cage on his own and I don't like to see him like that. It is different for Remus because of his age but I don't think it is fair to Silas.

So yesterday, I had the 3 boys together on the table as I usually do and of course, everything went well as those boys know each other since I have the 2 siamese boys.

I put Silas with the siamese on the top cage for about one hour yesterday. Nothing serius happened except for Jack hiding in one hammock and not appreciating Silas in the cage.

So I put Silas on his own overnight to make sure he would not kill Jack during the night. After all, for those who have seen the movie or read the book, we all know that Silas is really good at killing. :lol3:

This morning I put him back with the siamese. After about 5 minutes, Silas and Barbossa argued, had a fight then Barbossa escaped into the hammock and tried to beat Jack up. Poor Jack didn't understand what was wrong. :lol3: I put Silas back on his own.

I will continue trying to put Silas with the siamese and hopefully that will work. If not, I will only have them together for short periods of time (in the cage) and leave Silas alone until I have new babies to go with him. I am planning this for December or January. Hopefully Silas will accept them.

I love watching how rats interacts with each other and trying to sort things out with them. Silas is a very dominant boy and he is also a wonderful boy.

As Silas matures and becomes older, he may become more accepting.
I think it's a good idea to keep putting them together for shorter periods, I bet one day you'll be able to leave them all together.

Captain Jack Sparrow, Barbossa and Silas have been together for 2 weeks now and it seems to be fine. Silas doesn't bully Jack as much as he used to be. Barbossa and Jack play a lot together without being bothered by Silas. I believe Silas realized he didn't like it to be on his own and he enjoys the company of the 2 other boys. Remus is now in the bottom portion of the Ferret Nation but he doesn't climb to the top shelf.

I have 3 hammocks in the cage for the 3 boys and I think that helps them. They still love to be all together and I often find Jack sleeping with Silas.

That's great, they are finally getting along. Sometimes we have to step back and wait for the right moment to try again. You certainly did well Jack! And now the ratties are together again. :)

I'm happy the new setup is working for you :D I'm glad when ratties don't have to be alone :kisses: good luck I hope your guys continue to get along :tumkiss:

Back