My boy pushes his head against me when he is uncertain

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racholo

Heya,

Sorry I post here a lot!

I am just inquisitive as to one of my boys behaviour because I haven't seen it described before.
One of my boys when he is uncertain about a situation will push the top of his head against me, say against my hand when it is over him, or against my chin.
He only does this I have noticed when he seems unsure/nervous of a situation.

Has anyone else seen this? - is this 'uncertain' behaviour?

I like that people post here often! It shows people want to learn as much as they can, and I personally, enjoy reading and responding. I just wish it was more active on here!

As for the uncertain behavior, I've noticed a couple of my rats do this as well. One I rescued, Eva, will sort of cuddle under my chin, and press the top of her head, or her body up under my chin, while cuddling, and grabbing at my neck, like a comfort item. Skittle does this as well, except he doesn't grab and hold my neck. He will also hide behind my head, and grab my hair with his hands, and peek through. It's kinda cute.

I like that people post here often! It shows people want to learn as much as they can, and I personally, enjoy reading and responding. I just wish it was more active on here!

As for the uncertain behavior, I've noticed a couple of my rats do this as well. One I rescued, Eva, will sort of cuddle under my chin, and press the top of her head, or her body up under my chin, while cuddling, and grabbing at my neck, like a comfort item. Skittle does this as well, except he doesn't grab and hold my neck. He will also hide behind my head, and grab my hair with his hands, and peek through. It's kinda cute.
Awww that's a bit cute! Haha

Thank you Dena for your nice response :)

My Gideon would run to me when he was scared or needed some comfort. There were a number of occasions that he'd spook and then hop right back to me and under my hands, in between my legs, in my lap, etc. Rats like the emotional connection we offer. Plus! We're big, huge, creatures that will scare away any other predators or mean things.

My Gideon would run to me when he was scared or needed some comfort. There were a number of occasions that he'd spook and then hop right back to me and under my hands, in between my legs, in my lap, etc. Rats like the emotional connection we offer. Plus! We're big, huge, creatures that will scare away any other predators or mean things.
Awww that must be quite the honor to be seen as the ultimate protection he he

Has anyone ever had a rat pull your hand into their cage or closer to you? Gideon would especially move my fingers and pull his hand closer for grooming.

Yup! And if you walk by my girls cage, and you're close enough to grab at, but not close enough for them to lick you, they will grab through the bars at you. They'll grab your pants, shirt, hair, doesn't matter, and pull you closer so they can lick you and cuddle! Especially Mackie! If you're not close enough to grab, she will bite the bars, until you touch her nose to make her stop. Then immediately lick you. But the grabby hands are the cutest! It's like a little jailed rat, trying to reach out for contraband (you). LOL

I have a boy Jack who curls up over my neck and shoulder and presses his head against me...Not for protection but because we both love it.

IMG_20180409_191355474.jpg~original

Awww, I love cuddly babies! I never get/got pictures, but both Grumpy and Gideon like/liked sitting on my shoulders and cuddly against me. If I'm laying in bed or sitting somewhere, they would press up against me and fall asleep. I love when we have those extra cuddly lovebugs.

My favorite is always getting a kiss back from Grumpy when I kissed his forehead.

Awww, I love cuddly babies! I never get/got pictures, but both Grumpy and Gideon like/liked sitting on my shoulders and cuddly against me. If I'm laying in bed or sitting somewhere, they would press up against me and fall asleep. I love when we have those extra cuddly lovebugs.

My favorite is always getting a kiss back from Grumpy when I kissed his forehead.

I can't help but notice, you keep speaking past tense when you talk about grumpy.... Is he OK? :(

Back