Mr. Finn, RIP precious boy 10/7/13, The End of Finn's story

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did not go with the intension of putting Finn down, but rather he went as a companion for Curley. Also, to possibly see if they could squeeze him in to look in his mouth that started bleeding when he ate solids. While Curley was going through being PTS another doctor was able to come in and see our Mr. Finn, he did in fact have a mouth abcess/infection from his bottom teeth puncturing the top of his mouth. (I had brought him into the other vet weeks ago because I thought his bottom teeth needed trimming, but was told they were fine, but that's a whole story on its own.) He would of needed to be put under for the teeth trimming and in his poor health, dehydrated state, and what they also believed to be a poor neurological state - she believe something was going on in his brain to make his head tilt and his spin so much to the left, that putting him under would probably produce a poor outcome. We could of continued the fight if we choose to trim his teeth which would require this to become a regular treatment w/regular sedation and a long list of both pharmaceutical and holistic medicine. There was still no good outcome for Finn just prolonged existance. We chosen to let him go with Curley so neither would be alone. I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing until it was done and I saw the peaceful calm no longer stress out look on my sweet Finn's face. He was so peaceful looking.. :heart:

Not Finny too!!! GAH :cry: Im so sorry...Finn and Curley too... gah :hugs: i dont have any words...other then Im so sorry for your loss

It sounds like you made the best call for him. I'm sorry you had to let them both go, but it is certainly true, there is sometimes a moment afterwards where you look at their face and are so quickly reminded of their good days. I thought the very same thing holding Munster on the way home, his face just looked so peaceful, so much like I remembered when I first laid my hands on him. There is a sense of comfort in that, in realizing that their battle is finally done, that you did what you could for them and allowed them to be free when they needed it. <3

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

oh how sad, I am so sorry you lost both boys

they are now healthy and whole and waiting to see you again someday

:heart:

I hope that memories of all the good times will help to ease your pain

We miss seeing our spinny Finny - think the other boys keep looking for him. They all had banana cookies today in honor of our Finn man! I keep picturing him over the bridge with a giant banana cookie. The vet called today and he's ready to come home ... we had them cremated so they'll still be with us. :heart:

I'm so glad you were able to have a way to keep him near and remember him. I think it truly makes a difference. & glad you were able to spoil the others in his memory. I've been doing a bit of that myself this week. Losing one (or more) really makes you want to spoil the others rotten and soak up every last drop while you can. <3

:heart: :heart: Our boy is home and in his resting place :heart: :heart: We all miss you Finn, sleep well my love until we meet again ...... :heart: :heart:

IMG_4744_zpsefe47171.jpg

IMG_4795_zps2ed60895.jpg

Sadly this is the ending of Finn&#39;s story .... 19 months was too short for you my boy :heart: :heart:

Back