Mouse The Rat & Babies - Continuing the Rescue Story

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mouse's babies are a week old today (well tonight at 8ish pm, but close enough).

The 2 blaze boys are 19 grams now, and the ruby-eyed boy is 20 grams :)

Their coats are coming in and they feel like velvet and they also dangle well :D

Ruby-eyed boy
Sep1114beigeorfawnboy.jpg~original

Little blaze
Sep1114littleblazeboy.jpg~original

Big blaze
Sep1114bigblazeboy.jpg~original

Ruby-eyed boy is either beige or fawn, hard to tell at this time.

Sep1114Mousebabies1weekold.jpg~original

Big blaze cuddles on my lap
Sep1114bigblazeboy2.jpg~original

Last edited:
So the boys are strong and healthy and very very contrary. All I wanted was a simple pic of the 3 of them head on...

Umm boys?? Wrong way! :rolleyes2:

Sep914Mousebabybutts.jpg~original

Umm still not quite right...at least they are trying. :D

Sep914Mousebabies2.jpg~original

...Sigh....must you climb on your brother?

Sep914Mousebabies.jpg~original

Now was that really so hard? Thank you baby boys :heart:

Sep914Mousebabies3.jpg~original

hahahaha!
the photos are great,
the comments even better
:love11:

A possible fawn? Be still my heart...

I love your pictures of the boys with the captures... I was almost laughing out loud at work! :giggle:

How's mom doing?

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
:bliss::bliss::bliss:
I'm suppose to be cleaning my rat room right now but I'm just so excited!!
It's been so long since I've had babies here. I think it's going to give a huge boost to my current 5. They are going to love the new buddies.

Jo's Mouse boys got another wee photoshoot tonight. They lie in my lap sleeping, as I stroke their velvety coats, pull their ears, tail and feet gently as they snooze. It gets them used to the type of handling they might need when they are an adult. I work on making happy, confident babies :D
They have all gained a gram since this morning. The 2 blazes weigh 20 g, the fawn is now 21 g. :D

The ruby-eyed boy is starting to orange up :)

Sept1114MousenJosbabies.jpg~original

Fawn(?) boy
Sep1114Mousebabyfawn2.jpg~original

Sep1114Mousebabyfawn.jpg~original

Small blaze

Sep1114mousebabysmallblaze.jpg~original

Large blaze

Sep1114mousebabybigblaze.jpg~original

Oh my lord are they cute! Does anyone ever get tired of seeing those wee little finger and toenails and those big pink, soft paddle footies? Answer: No, we never get tired of it! :cloud9:

I :heart: wee bubs!

So today the ruby-eyed boy looks beige so I guess I am just going to have to wait and see right? LOL

Mouse loves to run, but she also wants to be with her babies and decides on her own when its time to go back...earlier than I would think as well :D

The first time I saw this I was quite astounded. Today I was able to get the pictoral sequence. I guess that butterfly box I was going to tuck away will HAVE to stay there :mrgreen:

Sep1214Mouse1.jpg~original

Sep1214Mouse2.jpg~original
Sep1214Mouse3.jpg~original

Sep1214Mouse4.jpg~original

Sep1214Mouse5.jpg~original

Back