Mouse The Rat & Babies - Continuing the Rescue Story

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had moved Faline and her boys to a bigger rat resort but suddenly the boys became subdued and even frightened during Out time. I had them out on my bed and they discovered and happily climbed around and explored the small superpet that is Jax's home. So I set up another one for them and they were baaaack.... LOL

I took a video of a game we play, I call this Whack a Baby (similar to whackamole) LOL

Ha ha, great video! I loved the little beige bub grabbing onto your finger...he looked like he was trying to pull you into the the house to play!

That video I am gonna have to add to the list of cutest things I have ever seen :) Those precious little faces are to die for!

My travel cages are all set up. Waiting for the big day... in 2 days!!!!

For the big group:

IMG_0502_zps668d521f.jpg

And the little group, just in case they don't get along straight away but at that age, I know they will be all fine together.

IMG_0503_zps547452fb.jpg

One more sleep to go!
But..unfortunately, it's been raining non stop here and our main highway is closed due to flooding. That means we have to go the long way around. So that means it's going to be a 9 hour drive round trip. Yikes! But these babies are going to be worth it. The drive is going to kill me but that's ok. lol I have car sickness but not the normal kind. I get dizzy, moody and fall asleep in moving vehicles. Lovely eh?

I try to avoid driving on trips. Scott is my chauffeur. I don't know if there are meds, I'm not really into taking meds, except for my asthma. lol
But... it looks like it might be open now but that could change. I'm praying to the rain gods to just stop raining! Apparently, it was a beaver dam that broke.

Last pics of the 6 week old boys here :D

I shall miss them but I know they are going to the best home ever, but I DO expect lots of updates and pics :fishbeat:

Silly brats, the fear phase is completely over.

I was planning on doing a controlled meet with the babies, Jax and even Patience, but Zak keeps escaping and doing uncontrolled meets... :laugh: Jo, he's totally going to keep you on your toes!! :confused2:

Zak- active, active, active...sweet but active...once he's got a bit of run out, you'll get your licks but before then, all over everything, leaping through the air to land on your shoulder, etc.

Rico - more laid back, licky, sweet, doesn't play as much or is as crazy as Zak or Mason.

Mason - active, licky little beast :D The 2nd in the Troublesome Two with Zak flying in the lead. Mason is such a sweetie.

Jo, this soon will ALL be yours, :heart:

Oct1714RicoandZak.jpg~original

Zak

Oct1714Zak.jpg~original

Oct1714Zak2.jpg~original

Oct1714Zak3.jpg~original

Rico

Oct1714Rico2.jpg~original

Oct1714Rico.jpg~original

Mason

Oct1714Mason2.jpg~original

Oct1714Mason3.jpg~original

Oct1714MasonandZak.jpg~original

Oct1714Mason.jpg~original

Occt1714ZakandMason.jpg~original

Rico and Mason
Oct1714babies2.jpg~original

Oct1714babies.jpg~original

Oct1714MasonandRico.jpg~original

OMG!!! Super super sweet. That Rico, that face, oh man. I'm sitting her swoooooning. They sound amazing and I can't wait for them to meet my crew. Shanti and Meena are going to love them.
I can't wait!!!!!

Btw I think Rico would gain confidence by being around adult rats, so the intro's should be good for him. They were all perfectly fine with a laid back but interested Patience, and a very excited Jax, but Rico especially really blossomed around Patience. :D

That's perfect. Bastien is super calm, Seraphine is sweet but doesn't really care much for rats, that leaves Shanti and Meena, they are full of spunk but shy with people. I think they will be awesome for the boys.

Btw I think Rico would gain confidence by being around adult rats, so the intro's should be good for him. They were all perfectly fine with a laid back but interested Patience, and a very excited Jax, but Rico especially really blossomed around Patience. :D

Jo, I am so excited for you...these boys are just as sweet as can be...I know all of us are in love with them! It is so nice to know that they are going to such a good home. Looking forward to future updates! :D

Back