montreal cage needed !!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratgirlmtl

Hi all I have a double rex girly here that may be prego and I need to borrow a cage for her and her babies ..

I have 2 choices a guinea pig resort cage 25" x 20 "x 18"

or a cockatiel cage (sideways) that i had them in for about 2 days ..

its all covered with carboard inside due to my smaller girl getting loose ..

there new cage is on the way but might take a while ..and I need to get ready for babies right now.. I never really thoguth id be ready for baby rats but my breeder sucks as I now realize

Ratgirlmtl said:
Hi all I have a double rex girly here that may be prego and I need to borrow a cage for her and her babies ..

I have 2 choices a guinea pig resort cage 25" x 20 "x 18"

or a cockatiel cage (sideways) that i had them in for about 2 days ..

its all covered with carboard inside due to my smaller girl getting loose ..

there new cage is on the way but might take a while ..and I need to get ready for babies right now.. I never really thoguth id be ready for baby rats but my breeder sucks as I now realize

Can you go pick up a used 15 gallon aquarium from somewhere?
Those are perfect for maternity cages for awhile. They keep the babies from getting drafts, and no one can get stuck in the bars. They need to be cleaned more often but thats not difficult. Just make sure to get a lid or make one.

then you can use the aquarium as a hospital cage in the future.

Keep an eye out on garage sales and stores like salvation army and value village. Always lots of tanks! I would give you one of mine but I'd have no way of getting it to you, and shipping one would probably be just as expensive of buying a cheap new one.

Back