Mokka & Kappacheeno Sneezes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mah Boys

Hi, I got these 2 guys 5 days ago & noticed them sneezing as soon as we got home,I figured it`s the new living environment.
I did not have anything in their cage right away, just a house, food bowl, water bottle & a pee pee pad.
Around 2 hrs later I put some paper bedding down & fixed up their temporary house set up. Their cage will be here today.
Anyways, they are still sneezing and all day & night, rubbing their noses afterwards & sometimes making those little noises.

I do not see any type of discharge, their eyes look good,they eat & drink & play. they both just sneeze a lot.
They are getting a wire cage today, I am concerned because I have 2 cats, if my ratties have a respiratory infection & they sneeze on
one of my cats if there smelling the cage, are they going to make my cats sick? Also 9 months ago I was in the hospital for 5 1/2 weeks from covid, I
had covid Lung & came a hair from not being able of coming back home. Are my little guys going to get me sick?
My lungs are scarred pretty bad from covid & I do not know what will happen the next time I get sick...

Am I safe to have them? Are my cats safe? I have had rats 20 yrs ago. they never had any issues with respiratory or sneezing so this I am not familiar with.

Are videos aloud to be posted on here? Maybe there is a different type of sneezes that someone can tell apart? I took a video of my boys.

Thank you

Did you try inserting a video already? Just click for more options and then insert video.

1653588529939.png

Back