Minnie

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margortik

My dearest Minnie passed away this Friday after struggling with multiple cancerous growths for quite some time. She was 2.5 years old. I was pondering for a while if I should put her to sleep or let her decide on her own, she seemed like she wanted to stay... that until Friday when I found her lying lifeless in her cage (which she shares with her sister Brunhilda) and immediately started to sob
I'm really heartbroken. She was the most gentle, kind, loving rat and I miss her so much.
My only concern now is about her sister staying alone, will she get depressed on her own?

M.

IMG_20201001_202224.jpg
IMG_20210219_090359.jpg
IMG_20210301_155250.jpg

Awww she looked like a real sweetie. Her sister, as she's the same age, might grieve for awhile, then she'll be happiest with more attention (if she's friendly) at a home where she's loved and cared for. Too many people think they need to either get another rat for company or rehome their old rats so they have friends again. These often don't work out. Its best just to love and spoil on her until her passing.

Back