Mina + any advice?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julian

Mina, I miss you. You were so lovely and sweet. I miss you climbing and falling asleep on my shoulders and in my hood and I couldn't move and disturb you. I miss you climbing right up my arm and going crazy when you heard the treat box open. I miss how adorable and fluffy you were.

She got ill and lost a lot of weight, became lethargic and I usually found her hunched up and her breathing was very heavy and loud. I found her one morning a couple of weeks ago laying in her food bowl on her back when she had passed. I feel guilty and I felt helpless. I don't know how she died, if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be very thankful. There's no vets in my area who treat rats, so I'm also worried now if any of my rats get ill, what am I going to do? Does anyone have any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_1415.jpg
    IMG_1415.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2530.jpg
    IMG_2530.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1818 (1).jpg
    IMG_1818 (1).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1354 (1).jpg
    IMG_1354 (1).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 56
Sorry for your loss. Hope somebody reads and is able to assist you. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry for your loss. Hope somebody reads and is able to assist you. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you. I've been searching around and i'm pretty certain it was a lower respiratory infection. I'd had my suspicions it was respiratory related too. I've been looking a lot more into illness symptoms now so I can catch it before it becomes an issue and also so I can help others :)

Back