Met my new babies today!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg so cute! Are you taking the pair home? They both look like dumbos! I have a soft spot for dumbos.

Yep both mine!! Brothers. There was only one black male available but a few himi/Siamese boys. I picked his bro cos he was giving nonstop kisses :p and yes, dumbo babies! I can’t wait!!!!!!

My black baby chose me by licking me and grooming on me. I wasn't going to take him home since he was so small and I was afraid he'd get picked on, but he refused to be put down and ended up cuddling against my neck. Now he's outgrowing most of my adults.
Does the little black boy have white feet and a white belly? Mine does and I'm in love with it.

I'm eager to hear the names!

My black baby chose me by licking me and grooming on me. I wasn't going to take him home since he was so small and I was afraid he'd get picked on, but he refused to be put down and ended up cuddling against my neck. Now he's outgrowing most of my adults.
Does the little black boy have white feet and a white belly? Mine does and I'm in love with it.

I'm eager to hear the names!

The color patternt youre talking about is Berkshire! I have a boy with those markings and he's adorable(feisty tho) rats are so cute!

The breeder I got him from doesn't make too much of a fuss about coat type and color, so I'm not too well-versed in colors but Berkshire is an adorable color pattern. My boy is also a rex, but he doesn't have the curly, soft fur I typically see in rexes. It's a bit more coarse and isn't so crazy as my other rexes. I know there's a debate on whether or not velveteen is a separate gene or just a "poor rex."

The breeder I got him from doesn't make too much of a fuss about coat type and color, so I'm not too well-versed in colors but Berkshire is an adorable color pattern. My boy is also a rex, but he doesn't have the curly, soft fur I typically see in rexes. It's a bit more coarse and isn't so crazy as my other rexes. I know there's a debate on whether or not velveteen is a separate gene or just a "poor rex."
Interesting! But I love Berkshire coats as well the white tipped tail makes me smile every time. Him and his brother both have a random spot on their white bellies in the same spot. Its really cute! Id love to have a Dumbo one day!

Last edited:
He’s solid black except for his little toes.

The other is a himilayan ..

And the white is Talos and the black is Arkay :p

Next weekend!!!! I’m ordering all their goodies now.

Updated pics from breeder!!!

Attachments

• B645B6C3-2B70-4807-A747-AD519FC29136.jpeg
    B645B6C3-2B70-4807-A747-AD519FC29136.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 281
  • D8D95741-D22A-4B38-9487-E92F490EAE39.jpeg
    D8D95741-D22A-4B38-9487-E92F490EAE39.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 285
Updated pics from breeder!!!
Adorable babies! I'm excited for you and I hope it goes great! :D

Interesting! But I love Berkshire coats as well the white tipped tail makes me smile every time. Him and his brother both have a random spot on their white bellies in the same spot. Its really cute! Id love to have a Dumbo one day!
I haven't had a standard-eared rat since my heart rat. Like I said, the breeder I've traditionally gotten my rats from doesn't make a fuss of coat colors or ear types (she is going for health), but she constantly has dumbo. While dumbos are adorable, standard-eared are special to me.

Adorable babies! I'm excited for you and I hope it goes great! :D

I haven't had a standard-eared rat since my heart rat. Like I said, the breeder I've traditionally gotten my rats from doesn't make a fuss of coat colors or ear types (she is going for health), but she constantly has dumbo. While dumbos are adorable, standard-eared are special to me.
Yea I didnt get mine from a breeder... I went to a shop and the person who does the rats had a very well tempered male and female and bred them. I got the only hooded one in the litter. I didnt pick my boys because of their color... They were the first two to come up to my bf and I and wanted to interact with us. I go for temperament not color.

Last edited:
They are precious.! I have a Birkshire myself and she is a little devil. I love her though.!

Back