Merry Meet Everyone!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlene

Greetings!

I am delighted to be here on our new forum. Many of you already know me, but for those who don't I will write a hopefully brief introduction.

I live in Stafford, VA with my husband, daughter, 14 rats (9 of which were re-homed with us), 2 ferrets (both of which were rescues), 9 cats (4 of which are fosters and 3 re-homed with us) and 5 dogs (2 of which were re-homed with us.)

I volunteer for several animals rescue organizations including Rikki's Refuge, Pets Limited, 4Paws Rescue Team, and Kim's Ark Rodent Rescue, and have personally taken in several animals who needed a forever home. I also have a professional membership with the Animal Wellness Association.

In addition to that, I also have my own business, Reiki4Critters. I am a Reiki M/T and a professional animal communicator. I guess that makes me the resident healer and counselor.

I could go on, but don't want to bore anyone. I'm looking forward to continuing friendships and fostering new ones. Hopefully I will be able to add to the plethora of experience already present. Thanks for inviting me (even though I am not Canadian.) I guess that means I've officially been adopted!

Welcome! It's great to have another rescuer.
bananamp0.gif

Arlene said:
Thanks for inviting me (even though I am not Canadian.)
Not all ratties are Canadian Arlene :D You're certainly somewhere here where your heart wants to be, and we are lucky to have someone so sincerely dedicted to critters.

Nice to meet you!

Arlene said:
even though I am not Canadian
Me being european have no idea what VA means - can you spell it out?
And that reiki / healing thing, do you do it on animals? Have thought of trying it out, but it's kind of against my religion and I'm afraid to get a bad one (what should one look for when looking for an animal-healer?)

oh and welcome :lol:

Bati said:
Arlene said:
even though I am not Canadian
Me being european have no idea what VA means - can you spell it out?
And that reiki / healing thing, do you do it on animals? Have thought of trying it out, but it's kind of against my religion and I'm afraid to get a bad one (what should one look for when looking for an animal-healer?)

oh and welcome :lol:

VA is Virginia in the U.S.

Arlene had the impression that this was going to be a Canadian rat forum..silly woman, Rats are universal and international. :roll:

Back