Meet Marmalade!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanya

Rat Enthusiast
Marmalade is the baby opossum that was rescued early this morning. She was found with her dead mother and siblings ( :'( ) and I took her home. Was going to try to rehab BUT the best thing for her was to bring her to a rehabber. I did, and now she has a wonderful chance at life! Just thought I'd share. She was amazing. Now I know that I want to rehab after I become a vet 100%! :)

Marmalade2.jpg

Marmalade.jpg

She was the sweetest thing! I really thought they were pests(still liked them though) until I read about them while researching care for this little one. They are very interesting creatures. We were worried about rabies but since they have a low body temperature it is extremely rare. She was a healthy wee one. I thought her tail was damaged at first but the rehabber told me they suck on their tail when they are scared or nervous. Poor baby was hanging onto the curb for dear life when she was found. It's crazy how she was the only one alive, and not a scratch on her. I am ranting now, sorry. I just love animals so much that I could just talk and talk about them all day, lol. :rathugz:

Marmalade3.jpg

What a lovely little creature! :love4: So glad that you were able to save her and get her to a Rehab. Just a few minutes ago I saw a photo on Facebook, from a North Carolina rehab, of eleven baby rescue possums in a knitted nest.

Back