The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alyssay030403

My vet refuses to give extra doxycycline & enrofloxacin(baytril), I was told by many rat owners to ask for extra to have on hand for emergencies. my vet insists i’ll need to come in for another 400 exams and meds if they have another flare-up.

I was told to buy doxy & enro online from a bird supply store to have on hand for flare-ups. however, i’m confused about the dosages. I have 3 rats. 220 grams, 266 grams, and 316 grams. can anyone let me know what dosages I would need for each of them? and what online store do you purchase from/what products? I know for example baytril has 10%, 5%, and 2.5% so which one would I need?? thanks in advance.

Lilspaz68 is the best person to let you know of safe places to buy meds
and answer your questions.
She will also help you figure out doses based on the strength of each med and their weight

I buy baytril from my vet and he orders me in injectable 10% injectable baytril which I measure out for each rat, dilute, sweeten, and give orally (Baytril is never given by injection)

There is information on medications on ratduide.com
and a couple of links on the Reference Thread https://www.ratshackforum.com/threads/reference-thread-read-only.35894/

Back