Medication dosage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oasisandbambi

Hey I just adopted two rescued boys and one of them has been making these snorting noises all day. I have Baytril and Doxy in the house from my other rats so Id like to try the combo with him to see how he feels. Could someone get me the right dosages for an around 454g boy. Doxy is 100mg/ml and Baytril is 25mg/ml :) thank you!

Tags don't work on actual forums so I never saw this.

Are you sure your doxy is 100 mg/ml? Did you use just a 1:1 ratio with capsule and fluid? If so the doxy dose would be 0.05 ml BID (twice a day) and your baytril dose would be 0.27 ml BID.

Are you sure your doxy is 100 mg/ml? Did you use just a 1:1 ratio with capsule and fluid? If so the doxy dose would be 0.05 ml BID (twice a day) and your baytril dose would be 0.27 ml BID.

The Doxy I have is already bottled, it's "tabernil for birds. I can show u a photo of it. I'm trying to administer it twice a day but somedays that isn't possible so the once a day dosage would be 0.54 Baytril and 0.10 doxy is that correct?
I have two other rats who are taking medication right now and now I'm not to sure about the dosages the vet gave me . Could you tell me what would the correct dosage be for a 560g rat and a 240g rat of 25mg/ml Baytril and 40mg/ml Zithro please.

Back