Maisy and Cyril

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UhHuhHer

Two sweet brothers left the world together yesterday. They weren't quite a year old. They deserved a longer life. One was a cuddly, affectionate heart rat of mine and the other was a wonderfully independent and quiet little guy.

Cyril died first, sometime during the day. I found him when I came home to feed them and say goodnight. His brothers had already started their own kind of funeral, which wasn't pleasant to witness. Still, I know this is natural and I've made peace with it. I don't know what happened to him. He had struggled to gain weight after getting over a URI, but he seemed to have been making a recovery.

Cyril was very independent. He liked to do his own thing without interruption from me. We had not bonded much, but I loved him and I enjoyed watching all of his adventures.

(Cyril with his original owner)
enhance

Maisy had been sickly for months. He came to me with a headtilt that grew progressively worse. Several vet trips and moths of medication did nothing to improve his health. He went from his normal weak, but alright self, to near death just hours after Cyril passed. I don't think the stress helped him. Cyril was his closest cagemate.

Maisy was my baby boy. He would follow me everywhere I walked and climb my leg for attention. I'll miss his cuddles every day.

enhance

enhance

Back