Lump not connecting to muscle

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venus_rat

Please help. A few moments ago i found a lump in between my rats stomach and leg/thigh. I'm freaking out becauseim afraid it might be cancer. But it's not connected to any muscle its kinda like on extra skin?? I don't know! She's 3 years old now and this is sickening me

sounds exactly like a mammary tumour. And at her age it shouldn't affect her lifespan at all. It won't bother her much until its big and impeding her mobility. Kudos to you and her for getting her to the grand old age of 3 years :D

sounds exactly like a mammary tumour. And at her age it shouldn't affect her lifespan at all. It won't bother her much until its big and impeding her mobility. Kudos to you and her for getting her to the grand old age of 3 years :D
Will it kill her though?? It's hard and it moves well

not likely. Its a very typical place for a benign mammary tumour. They grow but slowly so I assume its not very big right now. Being her age of 3, its unlikely to bother her much before her natural passing.

not likely. Its a very typical place for a benign mammary tumour. They grow but slowly so I assume its not very big right now. Being her age of 3, its unlikely to bother her much before her natural passing.
Okay.. thank you so much. This eases my mind a lot ❤

Yeah I agree that it’s most likely a mammary tumor. One of my girls has been getting them since she was 8 months old and she’s 2 and still doing well. They don’t hurt them but they can grow quite large and make it difficult for them to get around. If you can maybe take her to the vet and they can discuss options. Usually vets will remove them but I don’t know if that’s a good option for your girl since she’s 3. A vet could help you figure out if that’s a good option for your rat.

Back