Love my rat cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenix.madley

IMG_20200305_114706.jpg

Maybe try adding some hammocks, and boxes. Mine for some weird reason, like their cage "cluttered". I'll try to get a good pic of mine. Also, the ladders need to be covered so that their feet don't get hurt. On the shelves, I use fleece. Just binder clip it to the sides on all 4 corners.

Maybe try adding some hammocks, and boxes. Mine for some weird reason, like their cage "cluttered". I'll try to get a good pic of mine. Also, the ladders need to be covered so that their feet don't get hurt. On the shelves, I use fleece. Just binder clip it to the sides on all 4 corners.
So binder clips are SOOOO overused with pet rats. I personally had a really bad run in with them. One of my boys got his front right finger stuck in one and twisted his wrist. It was so traumatic and he was swollen for a week or so. I personally try to stay away from them.

Ewww! Good to know! Maybe a little bit of duct tape under the pan would be better....

They are really happy. So far they have 2 wooden perches in the bottom. One blue tube, another wooden shelf, a wooden bridge, rope bridge. a rope hammock, and peanut chew toy..The picture doesnt do it justice to see it all. On the top they now have 3 wooden shelves, another blue tube, a rope hammock, and wooden ladder. a chew toy that looks like a corn cob, and another chewy toy, a sputnik and a red flexy tube...i use finacard bedding. They are so spoilt. No issues with the ladders, and the plastic shelves are kept clean...

Back