Lots O' pics from camping trip

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratamataz

My fiance and I left on the 21st for a camping trip and got back yesterday. It was hard to choose, but here's some of my favorite photos of the trip. We went to lovely Vancouver Island, destined for Tofino.
A lake on the way up.
lake.jpg

A beautiful river on the way up.
river.jpg

View from the river
mountain.jpg

Lake
scene.jpg

A peaceful river
calmriver.jpg

Erik standing by an 800 year old tree in the cathedral grove.
Eriktree.jpg

Little Lake in Uclulet
littlebeach.jpg

Uclulet harbour
harbour.jpg

Tofino's Mackenzi Beach
tofino4.jpg

tofino3.jpg

tofino2.jpg

tofino.jpg

sunset.jpg

Wow! Just beautiful. You've got some great desktop pics there. I love the one with the river and the rocks. Did you guys stop, get out of the car and check things out on your way to your destination? Was it a long trip?

Bronwyn, maybe I'll see you here one day, lol! :D

jorats said:
Wow! Just beautiful. You've got some great desktop pics there. I love the one with the river and the rocks. Did you guys stop, get out of the car and check things out on your way to your destination? Was it a long trip?

Yes, we stopped and checked out the scenery on our way up. The pictures of the lake were just taken from the car while driving past. The river and cathedral grove we actually got out of the car. We took a day trip to Uclulet from tofino, and the pictures of Mackenzi beach are just steps away from our campground. That river was really amazing. There were giant slabs of rock high above roaring white water. You could climb on the rocks and peer over.
erikriver.jpg

whitewater.jpg

And there were lots of shallow pools within the rocks teeming with adorable tadpoles!
tadpole.jpg

After the two hour ferry ride, its roughly about 250Km from the Nanaimo ferry port to tofino. A really beautiful drive.

:shock:

I'm moving!!!!

BEAUTIFUL pictures, I especially love the one of the river, and the little tadpoles!

BC is gorgeous! It's been years since I last visited, but my sister and I said if we moved out of Ontario, we'd want to go to BC :D My Grandma lives in Victoria on the island there (not sure what names are), but the ferry ride was so much fun! Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Wow, your pictures are great!! Just beautiful!! :love11: The beach pic look so inviting that I just want to get in the next plane and visit BC right now!! Coming with me, Jorats? :stickpoke: Mamarat, morats, do you feel like taking care of all our ratties for a couple of weeks? Pwease? :bow:

Geez, I gotta come to a site based in Ontario to see the beauty of where I live :roll: Magnificent pictures!

I've got a futon if anyone needs a place to crash when they come out here (f you don't mind ratties sharing the room - lol)

Nickelrat said:
Coming with me, Jorats? :stickpoke: Mamarat, morats, do you feel like taking care of all our ratties for a couple of weeks? Pwease? :bow:

Soooo, that would make my 30 plus Jo's 27 and counting, , plus your 19, 2 dogs, 2 meeces and 8 kitty cats. Phew!!! Can I go to BC instead with you guys?

mamarat said:
Nickelrat said:
Coming with me, Jorats? :stickpoke: Mamarat, morats, do you feel like taking care of all our ratties for a couple of weeks? Pwease? :bow:

Soooo, that would make my 30 plus Jo's 27 and counting, , plus your 19, 2 dogs, 2 meeces and 8 kitty cats. Phew!!! Can I go to BC instead with you guys?

Hey... morats... you hear this? :rofl4:

mamarat said:
All you gotta do is be the first one to pack the car and drive off Mamarat! On your marks, get set - GO!

Back