Little old Macaroni

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dena

So my old lady, Macaroni, is getting close to the 3 year mark. She has significantly slowed down, and is starting to show her age. She has always been a super smart, super energetic girl, but lately, she seems to be more....disconnected...? She sometimes sits and stares in a corner, or wonders around aimlessly. She seems to not notice when someone has the cage open, and collecting rats for playtime, or passing out treats sometimes. My question is, I know dogs can get dementia like people, but can rats as well? I now rat phone her every day, sometimes multiple times a day. She's eating and drinking fine. Can still hold small treats in her front paws. She just seems like a space cadet from time to time. And I've noticed it's more and more each day. Is this normal?

At that age I would assume it is normal.
With dogs there are supplements that help with brain function. Perhaps there is something you can feed her to help with brain function.
I'll look into it

Back