Litter

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattieluvr

Hello, I haven't been on much lately, my last boy passed away in August, 2021, at 37 months old.
I'm finally ready to get more ratties! I always used Yesterday's News for litter, but apparently it is no longer available. Lady that I'm getting my new boys from had suggested Living World Biodegradable Litter. I would love to hear suggestions as to which litter is best now that YS is not available.
Thank you in advance! Happy and healthy 2022 to all!

Ironic isn't it!
Yesterdays News was started in Moncton NB Canada and after years of growing they sold it to a company in the USA. So people in Moncton NB lost their jobs. Once the business was sold, the quality deteriorated and people started finding bits of plastic in it..
Now they changed the formula for sales in Canada to a clumping litter, but kept the old formula in the USA :(

I am still using a few bags I bought before they changed it, but will soon need to find another kitty litter to use with the ratties

Ironic isn't it!
Yesterdays News was started in Moncton NB Canada and after years of growing they sold it to a company in the USA. So people in Moncton NB lost their jobs. Once the business was sold, the quality deteriorated and people started finding bits of plastic in it..
Now they changed the formula for sales in Canada to a clumping litter, but kept the old formula in the USA :(

I am still using a few bags I bought before they changed it, but will soon need to find another kitty litter to use with the ratties
Hi I'm new keeping my daughter's 2rats and 1 is now mine anyways I did not know you could use kitty litter for rats....I'm using paper towel as I'm broke and had extra so is this true cause I have 3 of her cats too and 2 of my own full apt. 5 cats and 3 rats and me. Hello btw :)

Hi I'm new keeping my daughter's 2rats and 1 is now mine anyways I did not know you could use kitty litter for rats....I'm using paper towel as I'm broke and had extra so is this true cause I have 3 of her cats too and 2 of my own full apt. 5 cats and 3 rats and me. Hello btw :)
Hi, you can use some types of cat litter for your rats. Yesterday's News has a paper pellet formula that is 99.9% dust free. Do NOT use clumping/clay cat litters for your rats, they are dangerous.

Back