Quantcast

Lil Spaz, I have a question about coat colouring

Help Support Rat Shack Forum:

Big Schpog

My Simone is a hooded ruby eye, but her colouring is like lavender. When she is in light she looks like a very light lavender colour. She's got a beautiful coat but I don't know what it's called. I call her 'champagne' but she is definitely lilac coloured. What is the name of this coat?

Big Schpog

What light do you recommend I take them in? If I take them all in my incandescent she looks beige. My incandescent is on the ceiling so it covers everything in yellow light. Should I take them in normal daylight without any other light source?

lilspaz68

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
hi there, I looked through multiple pics and videos of your girl Simone and she is a beige hoodie. :) Beige can come in lovely range of shades but she's definitely beige. :D

lilspaz68

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
this is a decent one for basic north american colours but I have seen more of a range in most colours, like poor blacks, silvered blacks, etc. Beige can range from a very light yellowish colour to a deep lavendar colour. Mink also has a crazy range from a bright chestnut to a purplish brown and to a very dark dark almost black (rare) colour.

lilspaz68

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
So I'll post some pics of Minks I have had in the past

Chenoa

Noshi was the darker less reddish variety

as for beige...oh boy...the range is huge!

Kayi is your most typical lighter beige

Issa (left) was very light, Althea (right) was your typical beige

this picture shows the difference between the 2 beige and the 3 fawns

Dena

Baby actually has a beautiful blue/gray color. In the dimmer light, she looks gray, but in sunlight, she almost looks like a shade of blue!

Dena

YES! That's almost her exact color! Or maybe is the same color!

lilspaz68

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Russian blue, with a bit of browning in it. Lovely colour :D. Ill put up more pics of russian blue rats and show the difference between it and american blue (different genetically)

lilspaz68

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
As you can see Lia was a bit browner than your average russian blue.

Russian blue baby boy from one of my rescue litters

This sweet girl had rusting or browning in her coat from a deficient diet, she was a starving, neglected feeder breeder before I took her in with a bunch of others. Usually the brown in a russian blue coat is genetics.

Part of the brown on her white bits is staining from a filthy environment

In a couple of weeks Zima's condition had improved a lot

Big Schpog

hi there, I looked through multiple pics and videos of your girl Simone and she is a beige hoodie. :) Beige can come in lovely range of shades but she's definitely beige. :D
Thank you LilSpaz. She's a lovely girl and sometimes her coat has this tinge of blue/lilac in it under real light. I adopted her as a beige but when I saw the purplish blue tints of her beige in true light, I thought she might be something else. I called her a champagne for a while, then faun. Now I know she's a beige beauty!

Latest posts