Lack of exotic vets in mtl , Deceiving!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadia Mazza

A unknown female miraculously made it to my house just by smelling the males ,was sitting on my garbage bag waiting . When I went to rescue her I called her once and she ran 40 feet into my arms and would not let me go. I brought her to my daughters house to realize she had severe severe maloclusion , one spinning tusk onto the cheek and another in the pallet with no bottom teeth. Adorable and ate the mush I prepared ,gave my cage so she can be happy . I searched all of montreal for a vet to treat or atleast cut her teeth and give me meds ,NOTHING !!! they all refused and said october 19 call back. I have no car ,I got to cut one off but still need the meds for the infection it had caused . I dont know for how long she was out there , but what an adorable girl and strong she deserves a chance to happiness . Now i am stuck watching her woth no help . Ugliest of all,they ar.ewilling to euthanize but not help !! Gross .

Try to get a pic of her teeth? I've seen many malloclusions before and need to see the extent of it. If the infection is more localized from the tooth piercing her gums you may be able to get her through it without antibiotics. Poor little bean was probably "set free" because they found out that malocclusion means lifelong trims and it was too much work or expense. :(

Here is the 1 tooth we cut ,found some one for the vet tomorrow I am happy . She was already going with 2 of her rats .
20210918_220758.jpg

Now thatvwe saw the vet ,he prescribed clavamox, can anyone tell me if it cause nose bleed . My little rescue is doing well but she has crossed teeth and now bleeding from the nose a couple of times . Do you hink it is the meds

Back