Keeping a rat warm in the winter

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FattoRattoFirren

Hi, recently I have lost one of my rats and only have one left. I currently don't have the funds to get more rats as I would want to upgrade the cage but I digress. What should I do to keep the remaining ratto warm? I'm a bit worried she might get too cold.

Lots of fleece she can keep warm in, smaller plastic houses will also be better to keep her body temp contained, pocket hammocks she can go inside, keep her cage away from drafts or cold walls, and don't let her room get cold. Is she older?

Oh she's a granny.! Ano tip you could try(it would be more effort) keeping the water in her bottles/bowls, whatever you use at a warmer temperature so she'll be heated from the inside out

I have a space heater in the room my rats are in because I'm totally paranoid about them getting cold. But this isn't the cheapest option and is kind of silly since it heats up the whole room. One good option might be a heating pad, like one of those things you put seedlings on? You'd just want to set it up so that he can't reach it to chew on it, etc.

Back