• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

~*JenniferKelley's Homemade Hammocks*~ [NEW FABRIC!]

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniferkelley

Hey everyone,
After sewing so many hammocks for my own ratties, I have decided I am taking up sewing as a hobby as I have gotten SURPRISINGLY good at it..

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in ordering some from me. I know there's a lot of people who are selling their products so I would just be another fish in the sea, but I am planning on doing FREE SHIPPING in Canada on orders over $25. I am going to ship to the states as well, but not overseas as the shipping prices would be ridiculous. I think my site will mainly be canadian to avoid the customs charges.

ALSO, I don't know if anyone is familiar with the story on the Durham Humane Society. BUT it burnt down 2 years ago, and they need to raise enough money to open their new shelter or their mortgage is going to sky rocketing. I volunteer there weekly, so I was planning on putting the proceeds to them to help open the new shelter. We are hoping to have enough money by December 17th from all the support we have already received, but we still have about 400,000 to go. :( (Slideshow on my main page)

My online store will be open for business tomorrow morning. I hope I get some orders :(

Just give it some time, keep working on your site, and I'm sure you'll get some orders :)

PS, the site is working for me.

Site worked for me wonderfully.

Maybe you could send some hammies out to rescues to "test" your wares? The more you show your product, the more interest you gain. I personally like to order in sets, so making sets and posting them in the thread (not relying on just the site) garners interest.

You also gave yourself less than 24 hours to get an order, LOL

And here I thought your location of "CA" meant California. Whoops!

You got discouraged when you only had this up from 1am to 2pm? I don't even think I logged on between those times. :giggle:

It looks like a good start, but I bet a lot of people will have no idea what most of those products look like. Don't get discouraged, and good luck with the fund-raising. :thumbup:

Don't give up too soon! There are a lot of hammock addicts on this forum (not mentioning any names :giggle: ) , and there are lots of people needing Secret Santa gifts.

Before you offer free shipping you may wish to play around with Canada Posts shipping calculators. A rescue ran that promotion before and they lost money.

I was just thinking the same as digitalangel. Postage of even a small package would wipe out your profit, except on a huge order. I think it costs at least $10 even to mail a T-shirt.

Here are some premades I made within the last 24 hours. All are for sale! $25 :)

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4243.jpg

:)

jorats said:
Those look great, is that cotton, flannel or fleece? How do you hang them, grommets?

All sets there are fleece on flannel. they are hung by grommets, I finished them late so I couldn't hammer them in yet :) But today they will be hammered when everyone in my house is awake.

Back