Jedd's Bird Supplies Doxycycline?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zambay28

Hi there, I've read before that powdered Doxy comes in two forms, monohydrate or hyclate and that one keeps for much longer once mixed.

Does anyone know which type of Doxy is in the following packaging, sold at Jedd's?

Screenshot_20220524_104505_com.facebook.orca.jpg

I've tried contacting them twice (email and messenger) and they don't reply.... 🙄

The powder is yellow in color, if that helps.

TIA! ☺️

The instructions say to change water daily. Probably hyclate which degrades in water in about 2 days. Hyclate is also yellow. There is also an oil based doxyvet product which lasts much longer in solution fyi.

This does not matter however as you will not be mixing the whole bag.

Just buy a cheap scale from amazon that measures milligrams. You can get one for 20$. Its nowhere near accurate to the milligram but it is accurate enough to a centigram which is fine for your needs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ESHDGOI/
Mix up your solution daily- 100g should last you the length of your rats illness and them some.

I would recommend mixing the powder directly into some ensure or baby food.

The instructions say to change water daily. Probably hyclate which degrades in water in about 2 days. Hyclate is also yellow. There is also an oil based doxyvet product which lasts much longer in solution fyi.

This does not matter however as you will not be mixing the whole bag.

Just buy a cheap scale from amazon that measures milligrams. You can get one for 20$. Its nowhere near accurate to the milligram but it is accurate enough to a centigram which is fine for your needs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ESHDGOI/
Mix up your solution daily- 100g should last you the length of your rats illness and them some.

I would recommend mixing the powder directly into some ensure or baby food.
Thank you for your response! Sorry I had missed it. You were right, it is the Hyclate powder. Jedd's got back to me last week after checking with their supplier.

Back