Itching from too much protein?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a high dose but Revo (Selamectin) is tolerated really well by rats sooo it's fine.
Now just watch to see if the scabs disappear in 1-2 weeks and if there's any left if you can lightly scratch them with your nails and they come off with no bleeding.

I dont see any scabs on either of them (one did not have any to begin with but was still itching like crazy. I thought I noticed him itching less after the treatment).

The other one who you saw the scab on is now scab free but has orange stained skin. She definitely stopped itching for a while but I dont know if that's tumor related or not.

I have been cleaning the cage like normal but is it possible the mites transferred to something else and then jumped back to them? Like the couch? Or my hoodie they ride around in the pocket of?

I dont see any scabs on either of them (one did not have any to begin with but was still itching like crazy. I thought I noticed him itching less after the treatment).

The other one who you saw the scab on is now scab free but has orange stained skin. She definitely stopped itching for a while but I dont know if that's tumor related or not.

I have been cleaning the cage like normal but is it possible the mites transferred to something else and then jumped back to them? Like the couch? Or my hoodie they ride around in the pocket of?
Not likely, mites don't go travelling around then return home for dinner, lol. And the orange skin is likely just buck grease. It's a male, right? If not then the orange skin is puzzling.

Not likely, mites don't go travelling around then return home for dinner, lol. And the orange skin is likely just buck grease. It's a male, right? If not then the orange skin is puzzling.
No; female. The orange is only apparent when I part her fur.

So, if after a second dose, the itching does not go away, what is the next step?

Back