Canada (Other) Edited as not a rescue

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
EFIT: Title Edited

Teeny Snoots Rat Rescue

EDITED : This was not a rescue because this "rescue" purchased 22 rats from a feeder breeder
There are still 78? rats living in horrible conditions in a hot shed if people want to look at the info on this rescue's facebook page (incl the Kijiji ad and pictures) and report this breeder to the authorities for animal neglect, cruelty, torture (housing incl extreme heat = torture imo).

If the breeder had been stopping, then this ight have been considered a rescue situation but
this uninformed "rescue" bought 22 ratties .... which means they created a demand for more rats to be born into that horrible situation, and for more girls to be used as breeders.

Last edited:
:( ….any updates Lilspaz68?
Looks like she purchased 22 rats from this horrible breeder and she wrote that there are at least 50 more in that shed in extremely hot temperatures
. Hope someone has reported this animal abuse to the authorities ad that they did something

Last edited:
I was looking into this today on their FB page, and looks like she (with the help of others) may have rescued? all the remaining 155 rats.

Thank you for the update.

Looks like they took almost all of the remaining rats and they say they will be contacting the authorities so hopefully the ASFs and mice will be taken into care.
Unknown as to if they were also purchased ..... and the breeder plans to continue breeding which may be why they kept 5 of the rats, so this is not considered a rescue
sorry they waited so long to contact the authorities and share their info, pics etc (although the authorities have been notified by others) and glad those ratties are now safe. I hope that soon all of the animals in question will be safe

From reading their fb page, I hope that they will learn more about ratties because they have a lot to learn about even the basics of rat care

Last edited:
Back