It is my pleasure to introduce... Maeby and Lucille 2

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon

Meet Maeby and Lucille Austero (Lucille 2). Whoever can tell me the reference for those names gets a big prize (no.. you don't. I lie)

I am starting to learn how to tell them apart... but it's still tough if they're not side by side. Lucille 2 has quite a bit of white on her tail while Maeby has only a touch of white at the very very tip. They are my first black rats, my first birkshires (although probably "poor" birks) and my first dumbos. Also, my first babies (baby-ish). They will be 13 weeks old on Monday... so they are also my first rats who will celebrate an actual birthday (as opposed to an anniversary)

Excuse the dirtiness of the first few pics.. they had just tracked through their carrot baby food and got it EVERYWHERE.
"Hey... hey, what's goin on?"
RatsandNutmeg-July07038.jpg

"Excuse me, I'm trying to eat here!"
RatsandNutmeg-July07039.jpg

"This is just a bit too close for comfort."
RatsandNutmeg-July07045.jpg

"Wait! Don't go... I was kidding!"
RatsandNutmeg-July07048.jpg

"What is that thing, anyway? Food?"
RatsandNutmeg-July07051.jpg

Big news! Lucille 2 is my first hammock rat! I'm so happy.
RatsandNutmeg-July07061.jpg

Cute nose, up close and personal.
RatsandNutmeg-July07066.jpg

Maeby is jealous of the attention going to her sister and attacks the camera!
RatsandNutmeg-July07068.jpg

"Ok, really... I'm trying to sleep here..."
RatsandNutmeg-July07073.jpg

"Yeah, I'm cute. Are you going to put that non-edible thing away already?"
RatsandNutmeg-July07074.jpg

I like that the bars are in focus in this one... dunno why.
RatsandNutmeg-July07148.jpg

And to wrap things up... yarn attack! Yarn attack!
RatsandNutmeg-July07164.jpg

Sorry for so many pics... but they're such cuties! :heart:

"Sorry for so many pics"

HA!! I got a laugh from that one. How could there ever be a reason for someone to be sorry about having a lot of pictures?!

They are ADORABLE!! They have the cutest little faces... *smooches them* I like the names, too, although I couldn't tell you where they were from. I could cheat and Google it, but.. I won't. :p

Ah... I'm in love!! Those two girls are gorgeous!
I love how you caption the one: wait, don't go, I was kidding. That is sooo like them!!

I had to laugh too at the "sorry for so many pics" cause you are certainly forgiven. I loved each and every one of them!

The are gorgeous Moon! I want to give both of them big kisses :D Great pictures too, they all turned out really well!

One thing on this forum... you never have to appologize for too many pics. I couldn't get enough!!

They are such sweeties.

Awww, Congratulations, and Welcome Home girls!
I love the 3rd to last picture with the whiskers everywhere!

Thanks everyone :D I shoould have clarified: my apology concerning the number of pics was more geared towards people with dialup for whom it would load slowly.

I woke up this morning and they were both in the hammock!! :angel2:
I'm so happy, I could never get my girls really interested in hammocks.

They are so great looking. I have the same problem with Aslan and Miraz and I tell them apart by the tips of their tails, heehee.

Back