Is my rat pregnant?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never bred rats but I have bred dogs and goats! Haha usually this fat in they will miscary or Abort if that's what u wanna call it... Animals don't normally absorb a pregnancy this far along

Lol So she will have babies. No absorption! :)

Lol Petunia, you're hilarious! How many do you think she will have? :)

Edit:She is sleeping peacefully. :)

Last edited:
OK well may as well make a guess. I think 7 babies, 4 males and 3 females
and all PEW <3
cuz I love the PEWs

wait, where are you located?
hmm..........

So many possibilities with numbers and genders!!

I'm thinking all PEWs too!! :)

We are located in Tampa, Fl. :)

oh so close (same coast) but yet so far LOL I'm in NH *sigh*
would love to have a couple of pure white furry "snowflakes" to cuddle up with....
:lotsohearts:

Last edited:
Oh my gosh I keep seeing new posts here and I'm like 'This will be it! They're here!' but nope..

Umm I'm also thinking 7 babies, but 5 girls 2 boys :) Definitely some PEWs.. Depends what Daddio looks like though.

Haha! We check on her and sometimes we feels the same. Like "Today is the day!" But nope! We still aren't sure she is pregnant so don't get your hopes up! :)

Dad is a total mystery! Lol

Yes. It is day 25. She seems healthy other than the big belly so we'll watch her. We'll keep watching her for a few more days and then we'll we probably start thinking of a vet visit! :)

Oh man...the wait continues! I say 6 babies 3 girls and 3 boys :) Come on snow girl, give us some babies tonight!!! I was starting to think tumor maybe but what the chances it would stop growing on day 25? haha really hoping for babies and no bad stuff :(

Yes. It is day 25. She seems healthy other than the big belly so we'll watch her. We'll keep watching her for a few more days and then we'll we probably start thinking of a vet visit! :)

OH I don't know if it's a good idea to put this off any longer. I am thinking maybe she's got a tumor or a closed pyometra or something you may be able to fix, but not if you wait too long.

http://ratguide.com/health/figures/pyometra_figure_1.php

No babies so I think it's safe to say that she is not pregnant. We are going to the vet tonight. Thank you to everyone who helped us out in this journey with little Snow. It has been very educational and fun. Snow is acting very healthy and has bright eyes and a shiny coat so we are hoping for a clean bill of health from vet.

Back