Is it ok if boys dislike playtime?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyRatLady

Hi! I have two baby boys (6 weeks old, got them last week) and they have lots of energy inside their cage. Mostly at night! However, when I get them out in the evening for playtime, they seek somewhere cozy to go to sleep (like my robe, I wear it when I get them out just for this reason). They have the opportunity to play on my desk while I do my school and Theo (the most active boy) explores a bit but, without fail, always ends up in my robe. Max (the snuggler) doesn't even seem to try to sniff around, lol. He's knocked out in the sleeve within a matter of minutes. I'm wondering if that's normal with boys of their age or if I'm just boring them with their playtime area... They have my desk (pretty big, tucks into a corner) with a tube and a box with some holes in it, among some little decorations to go around and sniff. It's not a ton but it fits well. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to up my playtime game to keep them from sleeping, or if it's fine and normal for them to want to sleep and I'll just keep giving them cuddles.

You're not boring them. It's probably their sleep cycle is different. They're probably still sleepy. I usually don't wake my rats if they're still sleeping. It would be rude imho. Your boys are night timers right now but that will change. When they are awake, or if only one is awake, take that one out. I think they're still babies and need lots of sleep. I think it's a compliment that they sleep in your robe. That's a good thing.

Back