is hamilton beach a good brand?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

I want to get my dad a slow cooker for x-mas with a bunch of diabetic friendly recipes, but I was wondering if this was a good brand? I've heard bad things about bravetti (sp?) but this one was reasonably priced at walmart for 4 qts. I'm sorta drawn to it because I've seen the brand have super expensive appliances as well and I always think $$$= quality.
Any suggestions?

We currently have this one by Hamilton Beach
http://www.epinions.com/prices/Hamilton ... low_Cooker
I absolutely love it. You can program it by time, set something at any temp you want and for how many hours and walk away. When it finishes it will go to warm.
It has a thermometer on it so you can put that into roasts and other meats to keep an eye on the temp. You can also program it by temp inside the roast for example, and the manual tells you what temp things should be at. It will do a countdown until the food is finished.

We got a different type with a dial for christmas, you had a choice of low 10 hours, low 8 hours, high 6 hours and high 4 hours. Well I have recipe that is 6 hours low and I couldn't change it, so we returned it for this.

I highly recommend it personally. It wasn't that expensive either $50 or so.

My absolute favorite is Hamilton Beach 31126. Also called HB easy-reach it's one of the best toaster ovens in it's category. Especially if you look at the price-to-quality ratio. It features a convection mode (fan) and a roll-top door for easy food access. In case your dad needs a new one by now (😂) that's my recommendation!

Back