Intros

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dang, lol.

They do seem to be doing well though. Brie's in heat (if that's possible at her age) so Phoe's mounting her a lot but otherwise I'm not hearing a peep.

Still peaceful...waiting for something to go wrong, lol.

Phoe is nipping at Elphie a lot. :? I'm not very impressed with her manners in someone else's house.

jorats said:
Actually, when a rat puts himself/herself under another rat, they are being dominant. That is a dominant move, the other one is suppose to honour him/her with grooming.

I used to think that too, but I now think there are 2 behaviours there. There's the very purposeful dive under and expectant of being groomed (dominant) then there's the crawl under, almost like supplication, of a subordinate to a more dominant rat. It reminds me of a chimp who reaches out for reassurance to a dominant member of their group.

They're all sleeping now. I was very nervous leaving them in there overnight but I woke up to see them all sleeping. This is very reassuring! :)

Aww, that's so great. I remember the first time Maeby, Lucille 2 and Emma slept together... it's such a good feeling.

Hey - Congratulations! It's a done deal now :D I hope that Phoe starts feeling better in a day or 2 knowing that she is home with the others.

The deal was sealed. :D I just got home after a horrible day and for the first time I saw the THREE of them sleeping in the hamster ball together. <3 It helped.

Thanks to all of you who contributed to this thread, it was a huge help and comfort when I was so nervous! I think it's safe to say it was a success.

Oh, and Phoe apparently now knows how to use the hammock because there was a big rat pile in the smaller on this morning. :D

I love having a rat pile. :laugh2:

Back