Intros

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. Thanks for the feedback. :D I hope Phoe and Elphie make it clear who's second in line soon.

I used oatmeal the first time but it was totally ignored until they were back in their cages. The second intro I had apple slices but again, they ignored them completely. I think the tub stresses them out too much. I tried them out of the tub but that resulted in exploring and no interactions and Phoe hiding under my shirt.

Our bathroom is gross, lol! It's the one thing we were really hesistant about signing the lease for. The tub was like...coated in brown. >< The mat was nice when it was new in September, haha, now it's...disgust.

...my jammies have a hole in the bum but...shhh... :lol:

Just watched the other 2...
Bronwyn said:
my jammies have a hole in the bum but...shhh... :lol:
Lol! When you have ratties not much doesn't..... I'm just razzing about the mat, you know, it's my nature....
I love Elphie! What a sweet beautiful girl! :heart:
Looks like everything is under control. I'm real happy for you!
(You ought to reward yourself with some Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate I think. I'll have to look for that when I'm in London Drugs).

Good for you! I am terrified of intros, given that my all-girl crews each have a fierce and feisty alpha who still puff up like porcupines when they see or smell each other. I have abandoned all hope of integrating those groups, although I hope to integrate one or two of my foster girls....

Thanks guys! :D Elphie really is a dear. I'm surprised she didn't toss Phoe over more than that half-assed attempt.

I wasn't tooo nervous about this only because Brie and Elphie were part of a colony before her owner gave them away, I think they were about a year old when I got them? I'm not sure.

My worry switched from Brie to Elphie. Brie's being really clear. I'm concerned Elphie might snap since Phoe is sooo persistant. Heck, I'd bite her.

Bronwyn said:
Elphie might snap since Phoe is sooo persistant. Heck, I'd bite her.

lol!

Phoe is going baby nuts on the older girls? That is a terrific sign cause that means she's not getting the "we are going to eat you" signals meaning all is well in rattie land!

Awesome! :D Elphie looked tense sometimes but it seemed to happen in small waves. Generally she seemed disinterested whereas yesterday she was doing some power grooming.

So should I move them from the tub? What's the next step?

She's still a baby, and as all babies, doesn't know when to quit. Elphie will smack her down when she's had enough, and Phoe will settle down some.

Have you been putting all 3 in the tub at once? I know you did this last time. I'm hopped up on cold meds, so even going back and reading is making me woozy. If this was the first time, I'd do it another time or two, then move forward. If you're comfortable moving to the next step, you can go ahead and start having them out together in their play area.

Yup! They were in the tub together yesterday and in the tub together today. :D

I'm trying not to be overeager. ;)

If you're comfy, go ahead and put them all wherever they free range. If there are any tight spots where you couldn't easily get to them, I'd go ahead and block it off for the first round. Other than that, looks like they're good.

I agree with javakittie, another time and then move ahead but if you see that their actions are questionable, stop and it's back to the tub.

Hmm...they all like my bed very much...it may work to let them play in my room. Except knowing Elphie she'll be at the top shelf of my closet in no time and Brie will be...wherever Brie goes, lol. Usually on my bed. Phoe likely won't leave my side.

Giving it a try!

OKay sooo...any film I took tonight I think should be a part of some blooper reel.

Synopsis is both sisters flipped the baby a few times each, Brie a little more and for longer. Phoe was doing the freakiest thing with Elphie though - when Elphie was semi on Phoe's back, Phoe would VIBRATE allll over. I couldn't get that on film unfortunately but it happened a few times.

She was definitely better at putting up a fight in terms of her status, lol. Actually I almost forgot to mention...Phoe flipped Elphie! :shock:

This all happened on my bed. Phoe is too afraid to move on the floor and the other two don't have the time of day for her down there, lol.

Edit: What does the vibrating mean? I've never seen a rat do that.

Some are more obvious about it than others. Generally you can tell because they do this crouch-scuffle-hop away from everyone, trying to entice them. I thought I saw her doing it in the last bathtub video, but wasn't sure. Anyhow, it only lasts a couple of days, I think.

LOL.. yeah, her being in heat could change the climate of the intros ever so slightly.

I love it when they go in heat.

It does seem to make it more challenging, lol, maybe that's why she's being so difficult with them. :lol:

They were allowed in each other's cages last night and since Phoe is too chicken to leave hers they went to join her. Lots of tussles and squeaks but again no apparent damage. Though I did find a clump on her fur on my bed from two nights ago. o_O

Back