intros with babies and older girls

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruxxy

I'm getting 3 baby girls soon and I'm wondering if I should do the intros right away or wait until the babies are bigger. Last 2 babies I got, I waited until they were 4months and it took a really long time for everyone to finally get along. I have a feeling that if I intro them as babies, it will work out alot better since the babies won't really feel the need to assert dominace just yet. Any advice?

I would recommend doing a 2 week quarantine first.

How old are your girls? If they are pretty docile, then I'd say you could probably do it at around 2 months of age.

Well my groups age range is from 8 months to 2 1/2 years, but the new babies are probably going to be around 7 weeks or so. I was going to do the quarentine anyways but I was just wondering if I should do the intros right after quarentine or if I should wait for a bit. I think I'm going to try and do the intros after quarentine just to see how it works out. If it looks like the older girls are giving them a hard time then I will wait until the babies are bigger.

Back