Intros are definitely not my thing.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can leave them out for hours together where they snuggle up and sleep together, then it is probably fine to try them in the same cage. Have you been rotating cages? The biggest thing is the resident rat will try and claim the cage, so it needs to be cleaned really well and I would even go so far as to get some new hammocks and fleece so there is no scent on them. If they have both been living in the cage on a rotating basis, then it is easier because their scents are already mingled.

They sound like they are doing great together. The screaming with the food stealing is very normal. I would try the move in now. Scrub down the cage and move them in.
So sorry about Bandit.

I'm going to try rotating cages for a bit before moving them in. So far I've kept a better eye and I've been mostly stopping Edgar from following Vincent around to much. Hopefully teaching him to respect his space a bit more lol. Since I'd rather let Vincent be the one who wants to go near Edgar instead of the other way around. It's worked a little bit enough where Edgar seems to understand. I want to move them in now but I'm a wary since during the intro yesterday they got into a squabble which they haven't done before. :c No squabbles today though!

Oh! Update

I decided to put Edgar and Vincent in the cage together. It's worked out pretty well! They aren't snuggling or anything, I'm hoping that changes soon. But they aren't fighting or chasing one another. I can't wait to see if they'll sleep together, cuddled or just lie around one another!
I'm assuming they'll eventually do these things right? XD

Same cage, no fighting - that's great! They just need to get to know each other better. I am always happy when I catch new roommates together after a long intro. :)

Back