Introducing myself

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crosscutter

Hello my fellow rattie parents. Its about time i introduce myself. I got into keeping pet rats thru my daughter. She wanted pet rats but her mom said "sure as long as they aren't at my house". So i decided she could have them at my house. We started with 3 pews bought from a pet store since i didnt know where to buy pet rats. Since my daughter isn't always here, they became my rats. From there my rattie family has grown because i completely fell in love with them. With 2 of my newest girls being pregnant, without the breeder or myself knowing, i now have 13 adult and 16 babies! Huge and too many for me to take care of. I am hoping to rehome many of the babies to a point where i can take care of and give them all the attention they need from me. This all began in Nov 2018 and i now know why people fall in love with pet rats as they are the best pet ever!

Welcome! Wow, that must have been a shock with the pregnant girls! I hope the breeder will help you rehome them, that's a lot of work for one person. Good luck!

Back