Intro and Intros

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotRatz

Hi everyone! My name is Crystal. My husband and I currently have 4 ratties. We have an older female (Nimbus; 2 1/2 yrs) and an older male (Balin; 1 1/2 yrs). We also have 2 little boys who are about 8-9 weeks (Olaf and Sven). We are getting 2 more baby boys this weekend and we are planning to room them with the other 2 babies. I have never done intros but I have heard that baby to baby intros tend to be a breeze. I have talked to people who said when it came to babies they skipped the beginning steps and went straight to neutral territory intros. Could anyone give me some insight on this? Im not going to lie, it would be awesome if we could skip to neutral territory but I don't want to take the chance of someone getting hurt if I mess things up :/

Last edited:
Actually, with young rats, under 12 weeks, I would get them together on a table, watch to see if they just end up playing, and move the intros straight into the regular play area... if all goes well, lots of playing, I usually move them in together within a couple of days. Btw, congRATS!!! on the newbies. :)

Thank you for replying. That eases my anxiety a lot. We are still going to take everything out and wash it and scrub the cage before adding them. Hopefully they will get along wonderfully!

Back