Injured pet rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ella77

I just found this large opening on my pet rats skin, and I’m very worried about her. Does anyone know what right be wrong?
it doesn’t look like a normal cut or anything, it’s a large opening and organs appear to be visible. I just noticed this now, and I’m trying to find out what’s wrong, i don’t think anything in her cage would have caused this. I included images below, if anyone has any idea what might be wrong please tell me. She is walking around and putting her paws on the bars as usual when i’m right there, although she does seem to have less energy and when i’m not around she’s just laying there.
4B4E68FD-5CA2-4F36-91C9-30CAC2E9BC35.jpeg
80EB42D7-883C-46BA-82E4-61BE7B7E9C65.jpeg
74BCDD6B-8882-49FA-AADF-46B542EACD71.jpeg

That is very worrying! I would say take her to the vet as soon as possible! It looks like she’s lost a good amount of blood as her ears and paws and white when they should be pink. It could have been a bad bite or she got scratched my something but it looks pretty bad. Does she free roam around anywhere that might have something sharp? If you can, maybe try to flush the wound with saline water and keep it clean but that needs a vet probably for stitches. I hope she’s ok!

Also painful. Liquid children's motrin is best. You'll need her weight in grams, and either message lilspaz so she can help with doses or look it up on www.ratguide.com very usuful stuff on there. Hope she gets fixed soon!

Back