Info on HED suppliments

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratwek

Hi, when I search for HED issues and supplement the info is years old. I can't seem to find any posts here through search that are recent. Two of my old boys are definitely showing signs of HED. I would like to start them on maybe glucosamine chondroitin / B12 but I have no idea what to buy or how to dose. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
smiley.gif

Thanks so much,
Ratwek

Thank you SQ. I have read these and several more in the ratguide. I really don't know if any supplement will slow or help with the HED but I thought maybe I could try for a couple of weeks to see if there was a difference. Unfortunately I'm am not really confident that I can calculate the dosages properly. I purchased liquids of both the G/C MSM ( 750/600/150 mg) and B12 (1000 mcg). Now I am trying to figure out how to break that down to rattie sized doses. :confused:

I wonder if a vet could help do up a dosage for those. I know a lady who said her rats did very well on those supplements. Several years ago, the rule of thumb for human supplements for rats was 1/10 the human dose. I'm not sure if that's still the recommendation. The Rat Guide doesn't have a dosage?

Back