Incredibly new Rat Owner with an Incredibly odd situation.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 2 males I would get the R-680 or the R-685. They both have those lovely big doors compared to the smaller awkward doors of the R-695. My least favourite cage of my 9.

Welcome, Jack's Girl! How wonderful that you get to keep your lovely ratty. Some places I've heard forbid people to adopt lab rats.

Looking forward to photos of your ratty, his eventual buddy, and their cage. martins cages are great. If you get a 695, ask for the pull-out tray and the extra large doors. That makes cleaning a lot easier!

:welcome2:

It was such a pleasure reading this!

This is a little off topic but which university are you at? I'm pretty sure Queen's psyc still uses rats but I didn't advance that far as I'm a bio major, I just heard it from a few friends.

I'm at Guelph now though, yet to find out if they use them!

Good luck with Jack!

Oh fun. :) I knew a couple of people who went there. They're in grad school now though so I won't bother dropping names. ;) Nice place though! I loved the Conrad residence (clara?)...so clean!

I never had the joy of living in Conrad.
I was in an apartment style residence off the main campus. The one bonus was that I could cook my own food.
But this is getting off topic.

Jack is growing so quickly!
Today he weighed in at 407 grams! He's right in the 85% weight range and I couldn't be more pleased.
Thinking of going in with the camera tomorrow and hopefully he won't be too camera shy.
^_^

Back