I'm New to the Website!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soy Milk for rats? :o

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ann Faith

Hullo! :eek: I'm Ann.

I'm hoping to meet others with ratteries and to gain lots more information on rats! :D

Pic: Meet my Latte! She is a sweet calm and timid rat. She is my only rat right now.

Attachments

• latte.png
    latte.png
    462.6 KB · Views: 165
Hi Ann, I'm Robyn! Welcome to the site. :) I happen to run a Rattery in Canada and I also love to chat with new people, so any questions are very much welcome! I love to help fellow ratty lovers when I can. While there are amazing resources out there like the rat guide online, I also strive to combine individual research with learning from those more experienced than myself as well. Either way, you're welcome to message me even just to chat. Have a good one! ^^

I happen to run a Rattery in Canada

Bobbin, this is a rat rescue forum and the breeding of rats etc is not supported.
While everyone is welcome on here, mentioning that you run a rattery is advertising.
Please read the rules written by the founder of this site, Jorats

Hi Ann, Welcome to the forum! :)

Latte :) What a cute name for such a cute little girl !

As you are likely aware, rats need to live with at least one other rat so hopefully you will soon get her a friend.
There is also good info here on how to intro rats, because if any of the rats are over 12 weeks old, then they need to be gradually introed in order to prevent anyone from being harmed
And it is important to get girls spayed for health reasons if you have access to a good vet with the knowledge and experience to spay rats safely. Here is some info: https://www.ratshackforum.com/threads/why-spay-or-neuter-rats.35402/

Rattery means any place where rats live ..... but people seem to use it to refer to breeding operations, and this is a rescue rat forum. We do not support the breeding of rats.
You will find lots of pet owners in our community :)

Last edited:
I only mentioned this since the user voiced their hope to connect with a rattery or two, that is all. I was not advertising, but I will avoid mentioning the rattery in the future.

Hi welcome :) latte is so cute and her name. I see that you only have one rat And I advise you to get another one for a cage mate since they are very social. Also please don’t breed and sell rats on the website if you mean that by ratterie
Because that is what breeders usually deter their “shop” as. Ok thanks :)

Hi welcome :) latte is so cute and her name. I see that you only have one rat And I advise you to get another one for a cage mate since they are very social. Also please don’t breed and sell rats on the website if you mean that by ratterie
Because that is what breeders usually deter their “shop” as. Ok thanks :)

Didn't plan on it. I have other and better ways. This forum is too broad for advertising. And for training purposes I have 1 rat at a time. It makes training easier. Rest assured I have never owned nor have any of my rats have fallen depressed. ^_^

Regardless of where you go, the consensus among rat owners, vets etc is that keeping a rat by itself is wrong, harmful (some say abusive) and selfish, except in very rare cases where a rat can not be housed with others

all, the best to you and your girl

Back