Igloo aggression: biting problem with a foster rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one thing that I can see being problematic is when it's time for him to lose his buddies to go into a strange home. This might completely reverse any good work done now.

jorats said:
The one thing that I can see being problematic is when it's time for him to lose his buddies to go into a strange home. This might completely reverse any good work done now.

Yup, I've anticipated this scenario and will make sure any potential new owners are aware of it.

I'm pretty clear on what kind of home he should go to. It would have to be someone who is familiar with rats and how to properly care for them, someone who already has an established mischief, and someone with either well-manner children or no children at all.

It's pretty unlikely that I'd find someone with all of these characteristics, but I can hope! :)

Vernie said:
jorats said:

Yup, I've anticipated this scenario and will make sure any potential new owners are aware of it.

I'm pretty clear on what kind of home he should go to. It would have to be someone who is familiar with rats and how to properly care for them, someone who already has an established mischief, and someone with either well-manner children or no children at all.

It's pretty unlikely that I'd find someone with all of these characteristics, but I can hope! :)

He's already found one... :cheeky:

jorats said:
Vernie said:
jorats said:

He's already found one... :cheeky:

Oh ho! Snarky devil, you are. ;)

I'm holding out hope that someone might like to take him home. My Stu is getting on in years and does enjoy the company, but I'm a little worried how Merlin might react when Stu passes. I'm also limited in the number of rats I can take in (four's my max), and there are so many squishies out there that need the loves! Some day. Some day I will own a huge house and fill it with unloved squishies and finally take over the world! HAHAHahahahhahahaha!

Ok, my Willard moment is over.

Well, I have good news and bad news.

The good news: Merlin found a fantastic home with the most fantastic woman. She's a rat forum regular and knows quite a lot about rats, has experience with biters, a great vet, and an established colony where he'll be welcome.

The bad news: Merlin found a home that isn't mine. *SIGH* And I think he likes her more.

I suppose this fostering gets easy over time?

I'm so glad you up dated us and YAY for Merlin!!! I don't know if fostering gets easier, I know I would be a total failure but take pride in the fact that you saved this boys life!!! :joy:

Back