If you suspect your rats have Myco, should you avoid buying more?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only a few that are specially bred in labs specifically NOT to have myco, will be born without it
That's very interesting, I know that most rat that don't die of tumors die of the myco that they can't fight off as they get older. I wonder how long a rat with live who isn't born with myco?

the whole myco-free lab strain have their own issues. They are very specifically bred in the labs and cost quite a bit to purchase. The issue here is when these lab rats are finally exposed to myco as a pet they have no immunity to it and often get quite sick initially.

the whole myco-free lab strain have their own issues. They are very specifically bred in the labs and cost quite a bit to purchase. The issue here is when these lab rats are finally exposed to myco as a pet they have no immunity to it and often get quite sick initially.
Hmm
.. interesting... And oh i wasnt planning on buying one, i thought it was intriguing is all

Is quite sad, but that's why they're called "lab" rats. There's only a small amount of humane treatment when it comes down to it.

Back