I tried getting my rats' footprints....

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViciousCurse

...and ended up with a green rat and green hands! I used non-toxic food coloring, but my (siamese) rat and I are still just a little green!

My little "canvas" ended up turning out quite poorly, unfortunately. Food coloring seeped into the carpet, even with my shower curtain. A whole lot of lessons were learned today! I'll have to see if I can get my and Genji's little green "battle wounds" pictured!

It was a lot of laughs and Genji was a fantastic sport. Probably one of my best fails in a while.

Maybe try non toxic kids finger paints next time? My son did it for me with his bunny that we had to put to sleep a week before Christmas. She wasn't too thrilled with it, but he washed her feet, and she was fine.

We were going to try t replicate an ink pad next time. Soak a paper towel in some sort of rat-safe ink (on top of a plastic piece or something lol), have Genji walk over it, and then onto the canvas. I'll have to try non-toxic finger paint. While it was funny to have green fingers, I'd rather not have a green rat for too long (although it seems he couldn't care less).

Back