I need help with medicine dosage!!

Ratcrazy779

So I was doing some research and saw that Aminophylline or Theophylline tablets help with sudden respiratory flare ups and will help the rat breath a lot better I already have my rat on Bay and doxy (cause last night he suddenly couldn't breathe and was breathing from his mouth and I was able to get it under control) I was just curious if it is actually safe cause I got this info from "rat guide" a site everyone says is vet trustworthy so I'm checking here and would love to know the proper dosages for these medicines

lilspaz68

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Both of these are bronchodilators and can help when the breathing is constricted. Even using an inhaler can help a rat during a respiratory attack.

lilspaz68

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Antibiotics and medication doses are based on symptoms/severity, weight, concentration of the antibiotic/med and a recommended dosage so unless you have all that you cannot figure out dosages.

Ratcrazy779

Antibiotics and medication doses are based on symptoms/severity, weight, concentration of the antibiotic/med and a recommended dosage so unless you have all that you cannot figure out dosages.
I do have all that. I was hoping that someone would already have dosages from past experiences. Cause I can't find them anywhere online.

Kye

I do have all that. I was hoping that someone would already have dosages from past experiences. Cause I can't find them anywhere online.
Do you happen to know your rats weight ? Because that's the first step for any medication

Latest posts